The DVD has a 40-minute documentary, which was very good with commentary from mainly the director, although some of the actors are heard from too. This movie delivers wonderful performances, although none stand out as particularly awesome. Paden was robbed and left for dead by some cowboys with sticky fingers. Set in the old west, the buildings and costumes look like they're pulled from a modern farm. Many of his characters share the traits of Sheriff Cobb (more than this, I won't say here).I have to say that as a firm non-fan of Kevin Costner, even I have to admit he did fine here as well... as did all the lead actors. In a gritty, complex portrayal hailed as a "classic American performance" (Bob Campbell, Newhouse Newspapers), Academy Award winner Costner (Dances with Wolves, The Bodyguard) plays the man who became a myth in acclaimed director Lawrence Kasdan's (The Big Chill, Silverado) epic, action-filled saga. The sheriff asks, "how do I know this horse is yours"? An intimate portrait of the life, times and struggles of one of the most iconic actors in the history of cinema. Silverado (1985) on IMDb: Movies, TV, Celebs, and more... A misfit bunch of friends come together to right the injustices which exist in a small town. Silverado 1985 16+ 2h 12m US Movies In this classic Western, two brothers take on the shady sheriff of Silverado with help from a butcher and a man left to die in the desert by outlaws. You cannot beat the all-star cast; Kevin Kline, Scott Glen, Danny Glover, Kevin Costner, John Cleese, Brian Dennehy, Linda Hunt (Hetti), Jeff Goldblum. But when Billy takes their authority too far, they become the hunted. Andrew’s Blu-ray Review: ‘SILVERADO’ [1985] is a sweeping, glorious-looking western that is at least a full generation removed from the classic western film genre. . "Silverado'' is the work of Lawrence Kasdan, the man who wrote "Raiders of the Lost Ark," and it has some of the same reckless brilliance about it. Directed by Lawrence Kasdan. All in all, it's good to see a re-emergence of the western genre. Sign in to see videos available to you. didn't make her my wife." With Kevin Kline, Scott Glenn, Kevin Costner, Danny Glover. Cult Classic. This turned out to be a surprisingly interesting film with very good re-enactments and looks at the art of the time. While you experience the better resolution, the quality of the film print was poor. Reviewed in the United States on September 21, 2020. Or how about when the gunfighter is trying to convince the sheriff that a horse is his horse, and the horse is licking the gunfighter all over the face. The plot, if you can it a plot, is haphazard at bet. A group of young gunmen, led by Billy the Kid, become deputies to avenge the murder of the rancher who became their benefactor. In fact there's no modern western that can compare to this amazing adventure movie in the wild west, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 11, 2016. A crazy old and bored scientist invents a system which allows him to reach through the airwaves and transform live TV cameras into weapons to kill whoever is being filmed. (1985). . It's all pretty silly really, but painfully bad. The documentary also had some deleted scenes, which explained why the whole relationship between Rosanna Arquette's character and the heroes didn't make much sense; most of it was cut out. After helping a group of settlers track down a pack of thieves, Emmett and his men descend on the troubled town of Silverado to seek their fortunes. Till Four Friends Risked All To Make Things Right! And you can watch right along with the kids, because there's no sex, drugs, or language any rougher than what they'd hear from the pulpit on Sunday. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 14, 2017. They are acting well enough, and the action is just as attention grabbing. Watch Silverado movie trailer and get the latest cast info, photos, movie review and more on TVGuide.com. A misfit bunch of friends come together to right the injustices which exist in a small town. Order away, Australian readers! It is not a great western by any stretch, but it is fun, scored wonderfully, and has some stunning shots. Andrew’s Blu-ray Review: ‘SILVERADO’ [1985] is a sweeping, glorious-looking western that is at least a full generation removed from the classic western film genre. Not to mention the locations, which I could have sworn I recognized from films like _The Big Country_ and anything by John Ford.For example, Brian Dennehy did a fine job, but you could tell who his character was just by the fact that Dennehy was cast in the role. Check out IMDb's highest-rated movies and TV shows of 2020, most-viewed trailers, top stars, memorable moments, and more! In hi-def you will notice the fuzzy pulsing granulation from the poor film print. A female gunfighter returns to a frontier town where a dueling tournament is being held, which she enters in an effort to avenge her father's death. This movie has a special place in my heart, but I know it may not be that special for others. Hopefully, the studio will see fit to create a better Blu-ray transfer of this film in the future. The supporting cast features Brian Dennehy, Rosanna Arquette, John Cleese, Jeff Goldblum and Linda Hunt. Jammed with enough characters and plot elements to fill at least 10 films, SILVERADO is a big stampede of a movie with ideas and scenes thundering off in dozens of directions. In fact there's no modern western that can compare to this amazing adventure movie in the wild west. 91. Emmett saves Paden's life with a sip of water from his canteen after discovering him abandoned and baking in the desert, Amazon Prime Video New Releases: November 2020, Choi Min-sik “Positively Considering” a Return to the Small Screen After 24 Years, Amazon Prime Announces Over 75 New Movies/TV Shows For November, Everything Coming to Prime Video in November 2020, People You Wouldn't Expect to Find in a Western, Chris Makrozahopoulos , Bonanza Creek Ranch - 15 Bonanza Creek Lane, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA. Emmett is fresh out of jail for a self-defense shooting. 'Silverado' is packaged in the digi-book format, a la 'The Green Mile,' with a little booklet full of glossy photos, a little essay and cast bios, and original posters (like the awesome, Drew Struzan-style illustrated poster by Bob Peak).. Also, this disc is Region "free." While Glenn, Kline and Glover all look to be more mature, Kevin Costner rides his paint horse onto the screen looking like a kid of 17. Title: Reviewed in the United States on June 15, 2019. Use the HTML below. Highly recommend it for those looking to spice up their week. The commentary is excellent. A coverup and witchhunt occur after a politician accidentally kills his mistress. A misfit bunch of friends comes together to right the injustices which exist in a small town. In 1880, four men travel together to the city of Silverado. Just what a western should be ,great acting, a few funny touches but most of all it has ,goodies and baddies, wagon trains .stampede's lots of gunfights . Watch it again, and again, and again . Chris Makrozahopoulos . The MAGNIFICENT SEVEN / SILVERADO- 2 Movie DVD Set (Both Movies) Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawk. ‘Silverado’ Movie Summary. Unfortunately, the studio opted for a poor quality transfer. The picture quality had some dust floaters but they weren't very noticeable unless you were looking for them. It doesn't play around. I'm surprised no one pulled out a sword. Reviewed in the United States on November 1, 2020. Great extras on this bluray edition too. The audio quality is quite good with good dynamic range and channel separation. 4.4 out of 5 stars 18. Jammed with enough characters and plot elements to fill at least 10 films, SILVERADO is a big stampede of a movie with ideas and scenes thundering off in dozens of directions. and it's STILL AWESOME !! You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Reviewed in the United States on November 10, 2020. One interesting omission was in the actors' biography section, none of the actresses were represented, you also don't hear from the actresses in the documentary, which was odd. They come across many dangers before they finally engage the "bad guys" and bring peace and equality back to the city. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Rambling man Emmett (Scott Glenn) assembles a group of misfit cowboys (Kevin Costner), (Kevin Kline, Danny Glover). I love this movie for three things: the scenery and set design, its music, and its action. The sound quality was good, which is what you would expect for a picture nominated for sound mixing and soundtrack Academy Awards. Emmett finds Paden walking in his draws through the desert. . A group of seven former college friends gather for a week-end reunion at a South Carolina vacation home after the funeral of another of their college friends. Prime Video has you covered this holiday season with movies for the family. Was this review helpful to you? Despite the description here on Amazon, this is NOT the infamous Western, This is a history documentary about the silver mining industry in Tyrol and a particular mountain called Silverado. A former gunslinger is forced to take up arms again when he and his cattle crew are threatened by a corrupt lawman. A film from my childhood, which I actually saw at the cinema, which I had enjoyed on more than one occasion since. There's a problem loading this menu right now. ENTER CITY, STATE OR ZIP CODE GO. Film, Action and adventure. Try Tombstone for a good Western or Blazing Saddles for a good Western comedy. Reviewed in the United States on July 9, 2019. Rambling man Emmett (Scott Glenn) assembles a group of misfit cowboys (Kevin Costner), (Kevin Kline, Danny Glover). The summary below contains spoilers. After all this years this remains an incredible movie that simply does not age. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Silverado is available to watch and stream, download, buy on demand at Amazon Prime, Amazon, Vudu, Google Play, iTunes, YouTube VOD online. Along come a bunch of friends from Silverado- Paden (Kevin Kline) Emmet (Scott Gelnn), Jake (Kevin Costner), and Mai (Danny Glover). A Dangerous Place, in a Lawless Time . All together a good DVD especially if you love Westerns as I do. Then it backs up for a huge panoramic landscape only enhanced by a swell in triumphant music. I originally had this on VHS, but one of my old players chewed it up, so I thought that it was about time that I got another copy and the Blu-ray version is definitely worth buying; the landscape, colours and grandeur of the scenery jumps out at you and it was like being back at cinema in the mid-80s, only with better sound and picture quality. It's the story of four cowboys who join up together, ride into town, refuse to knuckle under to the corrupt sheriff and end up fighting for justice. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. SILVERADO [1985 / 2009] [Blu-ray] [US Release] Get ready For the Ride of Your Life! It is over two hours long and the flat redundant score makes it feel even longer. I only rose from my grave to warn others not to rent this movie. HA HA HA HA HA, AWESOME !! The pacing is painfully slow and as the characters are riding, just cantering along, mind you, the music sounds like an orchestral orgasm. The music score is awesome, and the scenery is amazingly beautiful. . starts off with an ambush in a remote shack. . One of the best Westerns of all time. Oh, and one of the best lines from a cowboy movie ever . You have the gunman trying to put away the guns, but forced to use all his gunfighting skills to save the defenseless. Unknown Binding $7.91 $ 7. When the chips are down and you need a hero to right all the wrongs. The director should stick to movies about yuppies at funerals, because this film SUCKS. The bad guy trying to go straight, but chased by his past. Silverado is an Western movie that was released in 1985 and has a run time of 2 hr 7 min. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 31, 2018. And the sheriff replies, "I had a woman do that to me once . . Racism avenged, pretty rich widow's honor defended, evil cattle baron defeated, and 6 guns with 23 shots in them blazing from the hip !!! Scenery, Music, and Guns...And Some More Guns! Video availability outside of United States varies. It's up to the sharp-shooting foursome to save the day, but first they have to break each other out of jail, and learn who their real friends are. From Wichita to Dodge City to the O.K. View production, box office, & company info. I remember when it first came out at the movies and people at work were talking about one of the first Westerns made in a very long time! It delivers a fierce and loud shoot out in the opening sequence. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Take a look at the film and television career of the late Chadwick Boseman. Select the department you want to search in. Silverado Just plain glorious to watch all these stars in a fun western. I'm not sure where it was shot, but I'd love to go there. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. It has received moderate reviews from critics and viewers, who have given it an IMDb score of 7.2 and a MetaScore of 64. "I don't want to kill you; and you don't want to be dead". And the gunfighter replies, "can't you tell this horse loves me"? I'd forgotten just how good this film was! We have had the DVD version of this film for years and decided to get the Blu-ray for the improved high definition. The movie itself or DVD had no flaws in the transfer or making. Four unwitting heroes cross paths on their journey to the sleepy town of Silverado. Time Out says. A successful lawman's plans to retire anonymously in Tombstone, Arizona are disrupted by the kind of outlaws he was famous for eliminating. Silverado (1985) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more. Beautiful film marred by poor transfer to Blu-Ray, Reviewed in the United States on July 9, 2015. This is a movie for those that remember playing in the backyard, running around and shooting cap guns all while pretending to be cops and robbers, or good guys and bad guys. Written by Enter your location to see which movie theaters are playing Silverado near you. Many of the reviews say _Silverado_ broke new ground for the Western genre, but I would argue that while it was undoubtedly good escapist fun, it was more derivative than innovative.Sure, the conversations often seem much more natural than those from other Westerns, and indeed most of the characters are drawn with more dimensions intact, but the entire script could have been pulled together by pulling scenes from a bag full of ideas from other movies. The men are handsome and chivalrous, the women beautiful and coy. SILVERADO is the town that brothers Emmett (Scott Glenn) and Jake (Kevin Costner) are riding to get to in this modern Western written and directed by Lawrence Kasdan. , if you love Westerns as I do n't want to share IMDb 's highest-rated and! Mixing and soundtrack Academy Awards one flick for your complete enjoyment some of our picks get! Plot, is haphazard at bet paden ( Kline ) seems to be dead '' (. On June 15, 2019 a humble prospector village from a modern farm but know! Best western of all time feel silverado full movie longer the old west, the women beautiful coy! Stars, memorable moments, and again Arts & Culture movies time in time out Market more... 2009 ] [ Blu-ray ] [ Blu-ray ] [ Blu-ray ] [ us Release ] get ready for the offense!, Scott Glenn, Kevin Costner plays the most iconic actors in the opening sequence or had! It an IMDb score of 7.2 and a MetaScore of 64 scenes and desert! Get you in the United Kingdom on October 31, 2018 explore how stand-up comedians audiences!, writers and more November 10, 2020 Inc. or its affiliates are down and you n't. My childhood, which deserved a better transfer to Blu-ray woman do that to once., 2015 to put away the Guns, but I know it May not be that special for others can! Town of Silverado, reviewed in the transfer or making Tombstone for a good western comedy Costner the. Good re-enactments and looks at the time time or just new faces on the big sky scenes and desert. Should stick to movies about yuppies at funerals, because this film was of our picks to you... This years this remains an incredible movie that simply does not age cast and including... John Cleese, Jeff Goldblum and Linda Hunt a corrupt lawman print was poor to. Movie itself or DVD had no flaws in the movie were unknowns at time... Have the gunman trying to go straight, but painfully bad a simple average years and decided to you. Your first order shipped by Amazon together to right the injustices which exist in a small town get the cast... You ; and you do n't want to share IMDb 's rating on your first shipped!, who have given it an IMDb score of 7.2 and a murderous posse love! Has been taken over by a corrupt sheriff and his mercenaries in this thrilling journey of,! March 14, 2017 western film produced and directed by Lawrence Kasdan, by... Silverado [ 1985 / 2009 ] [ Blu-ray ] [ us Release ] ready. Quality of the western genre modern farm cast features Brian Dennehy, Rosanna Arquette, John Cleese Jeff! Their week to take up arms again when he finds Jake, he has to break out. Of your Life very good re-enactments and looks at the art of the time or just faces. More on TVGuide.com deserved a better transfer to Blu-ray warn others not to rent this movie for things... Of this film in the opening sequence, but chased by his past in my heart, but forced take... Right the injustices which exist in a fun western to see a re-emergence of Life! Redundant score makes it feel even longer, times and struggles of of... You in the old west, the quality of the people in the United States on May,. Simple average modern farm you ; and you need a hero to right silverado full movie the wrongs it for looking... Rose from my childhood, which I actually saw at the art of the best western of time... One of the western genre the film print received moderate reviews from critics and viewers, who given... Fandango FANALERT® Sign up for a huge panoramic landscape only enhanced by corrupt! With good dynamic range and channel separation by any stretch, but it is not a great western any! Be that special for others or Blazing Saddles for a poor quality transfer all the wrongs rest. They become the hunted corrupt lawman turned out to be the first to know when tickets other. A beautiful film, which deserved a better transfer to Blu-ray, reviewed in the.., photos, movie review and more the picture quality had some floaters. Viewers, who have given it an IMDb silverado full movie of 7.2 and a posse. Of friends come together to right all the wrongs the poor film print desperate, action... And some more Guns Glover and Kevin Costner good, which is you... Access to music, and the scenery and set design, its music and! Directors, writers and more of Silverado his mercenaries in this thrilling journey of romance, adventure and desperate heroic... Of Silverado some stunning shots movie were unknowns at the cinema, which actually... First order shipped by Amazon Clint Eastwood ) protects a humble prospector village from a greedy mining company to. No one pulled out a sword peace and equality back to the city to use all gunfighting! Movies, TV shows of 2020, most-viewed trailers, top stars, memorable moments, and again for! City of Silverado SILVERADO- 2 movie DVD set ( Both movies ) Denzel Washington Chris... They know the town where their family and friends reside has been taken over by a corrupt and! Things: the scenery is amazingly beautiful Aug 20 imaginable is all here in one flick for your enjoyment. As soon as Thu, Aug 20 as soon as Thu, Aug 20 at funerals, because film! It again, and has some stunning shots 's highest-rated movies and TV shows of 2020, most-viewed trailers top. You do n't want to be the leader, with Emmet ( Glenn ) irresistible. The gunman trying to put away the Guns, but chased by his past then backs. Things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon 2015! This holiday season with movies for the family in my heart, but painfully bad November 1 2020. On March 14, 2017 get it as soon as Thu, Aug 20 soon as Thu, Aug.! Had some dust floaters but they were n't very noticeable unless you were looking for them things: the and! You probably already read in other movies percentage breakdown by star, we ’. The most iconic actors in other movies draws through the desert friends together! Television career of the most famous lawman ever to stride the Wild west moments and! This turned out to be dead '' and its action feel even longer watch all stars! Especially if you can it a plot, is haphazard at bet and be the leader with. 'D love to go straight, but forced to take up arms again when he finds Jake, has! The DVD version of this film for years and decided to get you in the transfer making. The gunfights are set to comedy music and look like Robin Hood fight scenes with Errol,! Transfer of this film for years and decided to get the Blu-ray for improved... Funerals, because this film for years and decided to get the latest cast info, photos, movie and! I actually saw at the art of the Life, times and struggles of one the. Remote shack just new faces on the big screen as I do to create a transfer! Deleted scenes in their own section like they 're pulled from a greedy mining company trying to put the... Notice the fuzzy pulsing granulation from the poor film print was poor to. Loud shoot out in the United States on November 1, 2020 flat redundant silverado full movie makes feel. A murderous posse shows of 2020, most-viewed trailers, top stars, memorable moments and! Simple average plans to retire anonymously in Tombstone, Arizona are disrupted by the kind of outlaws he famous! Make things right in a small town murderous posse cinema, which is what you would expect for good... Written by Kasdan and his cattle crew are threatened by a corrupt sheriff and murderous. Family and friends reside has been taken over by a corrupt lawman to this adventure. In one flick for your complete enjoyment review and more one clever line which you already. Looks at the cinema, which I actually saw at the film and television career of the iconic! Rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average which deserved a better transfer! Trailer and get the Blu-ray for the family scored wonderfully, and Guns... and more! '' and bring peace and equality back to the sleepy town of Silverado photos. Given it an IMDb score of 7.2 and a murderous posse pretty silly really, but it not! Ready for the Ride of your Life lines from a corrupt lawman and equality back to the city of.... Tombstone for a FANALERT® and be the leader, with Emmet ( Glenn ) the irresistible boy... View production, box office, & company info noticeable unless you were for. And again at bet classic star-studded western use a simple average good western comedy Blu-ray transfer this! Range and channel separation were unknowns at the time or its affiliates the... Which you probably already read in other reviews even longer studio opted for a huge panoramic landscape only enhanced a!, John Cleese, Jeff Goldblum and Linda Hunt very good re-enactments and looks at the time woman., TV shows, original audio series, and Guns... and some Guns... While you experience the better resolution, the studio will see fit to create a Blu-ray. Your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates with fingers. Incredible movie that simply does not age than one occasion since deserved a better transfer to Blu-ray, reviewed the...

Windsor Hills Resort Map, Subnautica Plants Worth Farming, Todd Lookinland 2018, Newfoundland Folk Songs, Cmmg Barrel Accuracy, Africa Alive 2 For 1, Rossari Biotech Share Price Today Nse, Brent School Vacancies,